Sunday, June 24, 2007

A lil' breathin' room........

Well just a little bit.................Had a wedding to go to in Oklahoma.....did not go but the wifey did.........Had a couple of passengers with her also.........I took the opportunity to get out and do a little camping out,,,,alone.............Went to the local state park close to twenty miles due east of here, called Henry Horton State Park.....Near Chapel Hill/Caney Creek.......... Dropped off my trailer at the park at near six thirty pm and headed out to a local friends fish fry and oyster cookout......I stopped and picked up some sausage (Johnsonville brauts) of course......For the meat eaters in the group.........Also some cantelope/watermelon/honeydos.........What a group there was..........Several co workers from days gone by........Glen was searing salmon on the charcoal grill, Roman boiling the oysters (seventy five pounds), Pete was busy frying perch, bluegill and walleye ( which he guarded heavily) .......Pete had just came back from a trip back home and had limited out with walleye out of Lake Erie, and really had some good yarns to spin about his trip.......Bad weather ,,,boat break downs, and bait.......I was more interested in what he was frying.......hhahahaha..I must of had two dozen oysters that I had shucked ........By the time I had the sausages cooked,,,,,most of the ladies in attendance were impatient with my cooking.....hhahaaa.......After several hours of very good companionship,,,it was difficult to pull away and head off to the east.....Back to my camper in the wooded hills.........Back in the days I would have rolled up in a corner and said good night and woke up with the farm animals............Smelling funky and not remembering much.......These days things are much clearer........Thanks go out to Labb,Glen,Pete,Brad,Roman,Mikey,
Eric,Thom,Chip,
and all
of your lovely lady friends ...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great time. i used to camp by myself in the southern new jersey pinelands when i went to the jersey shore. great time to figure things out when alone. i left the smelling funky days at penn state.