Saturday, July 21, 2007

CUBS WIN!!!!!!!!! Game one, Giants July 16 2007

Off to Chicago to see my childhood heroes, the Chicago Cubs......Took along my bike for a lil excursion along Lakeshore Drive.......Yeah baby!!!!!!

What would a trip be without a pic of the Sears Tower.........


Got to Wrigley Field very early for game one, a 6:05 start against the Giants.....Love that marquee!!!!!


The Wrigley race team took snapshots outside the park.......
(L-R).....Juan Montoya #42 *BIG RED*........Reed Sorenson #41 *JUICY FRUIT*.....David Stremme #40 *WINTERFRESH*


"HEY JUAN,,,,,,Are you starting on second base tonight"???? I told him he looked good in stripes and we had a laugh or two.........Great guy.........


View from my seat............The pole hindered my view to second base only......I just had to stretch my neck to the right............


Ron Santo was busy getting ready for the broadcast...........The broadcast booth was right to my left and I really enjoyed the Wrigley Racers rendition of "Take me out to the Ballgame" during the seventh inning stretch........


One of the few if not THE ONLY hand kept MLB scoreboard in existence.........Real time scores throughout the day............


Cubs left fielder Alfonso Soriano at bat..........No prima donna here......He came to play ball........Base hit .............


What a day........I rode the CTA bus back and forths to game one and two..........CUBS WIN!!!!!!! CUBS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: